ACTION 1: Offshore Drilling in CA? Speak out! Closes 1/29/18
The public comment period for OFFSHORE DRILLING revisions is OPEN and expires on Jan. 29. Speak up & reject these changes to offshore drilling rules!
You can comment in multiple ways:
1. Go to this link and click "Comment Now!" https://www.regulations.gov/docket?D=BSEE-2017-0008.*
2. Email your comment to email@example.com and include Docket Number BSEE-2017-0008 in the subject and body of the message.*
3. Fax comments to 202-395-5806, addressed to: Interior Desk Officer 1014-0003, Office of Management and Budget. Use Docket Number BSEE-2017-0008 in your message.*
For talking points, look at these links.
(Disregard dates, the points are sound):
- Tips from NJ Sierra Club: https://tinyurl.com/killthedrill
- Tips from Center for Biological Diversity: https://tinyurl.com/talkingpoints1
- Tips from StandCNJ: https://tinyurl.com/talkingpoints2
ACTION 2: Register with Postcards For Voters
Started on March 11, 2017 with sharing 5 addresses apiece to 5 volunteers on Facebook so that they could mail postcards to voters in Jon Ossoff’s race grew in one month to 1,200+ volunteers nationwide and over 51,000 postcards mailed. Now they consist of over 10,000 volunteers in every state (including Alaska and Hawaii) who have written over half a million postcards to voters in dozens of key, close elections.
Register today! https://postcardstovoters.org
ACTION 3: Register with Swing Left in your area
Control of the House in 2018 will be decided by a small number of Swing Districts, places where the last election was decided by a thin margin. Find your closest Swing District and join its team to learn about actionable opportunities to support progressives—and defeat Republicans—in that district, no matter where you live. We can stop Trump and the GOP agenda by working together NOW.
Register today: https://swingleft.org
ACTION 4: Register with Sister District in your area
The Sister District Project is a community of volunteer teams across the county who are working to win back state legislatures and fight for our shared progressive values. Together, we can win critical down-ballot elections and will go from red to blue.
Register today: www.sisterdistrict.com