Hosted by Let Our People Go
Rafael was working two restaurant jobs to support his parents and two younger brothers, when his father gave him the good news that he had gotten his papers and that he, Rafa, could now apply to get them as well. But when he went to the immigration office to sign the papers, during a break between his two shifts - instead they took him to jail. He has been there for over 6 months. His family is spending money they don't have to pay an immigration lawyer, as well as $50/week for telephone calls to jail to keep Rafa's spirits up.
COME TO HIS BOND HEARING IN S.F. ON TUES 2/27:
• The hearing is in Judge Daw's courtroom.
• Please arrive by 8:30 am, if possible.
• Let the security guard know you are there for the 9:00 am bond hearing of Rafael Tolento.
• If you have a valid photo ID (driver's license, etc.), please bring it. If you do not, you may ask for an escort to the courtroom.
• Do NOT bring signs (they will be confiscated) or wear movement shirts/attire—our role is to show the judge that José has the support of the community simply by being present in the back of the courtroom. We cannot participate in or be interpreted as disrupting the proceedings in any way. Thank you for your support!